MAYOR PAUL PISASALE – CR DAVID PAHLKE – IAN HARSANT
Normanby Shire was established in 1903 and based in Harrisville, Queensland. On 9 June 1949, Normanby shire amalgamated with Rosewood and Moreton Shire to create a new Moreton Shire. Moreton Shire later amalgamated with Ipswich City Council in 1995 to form the current Ipswich City Council.
The original Moreton Shire Council table was used for meetings from 1949 to 1995. This table, dated circa 1915, was restored in 2006 by Ipswich City Council’s Facilities Branch and is now located in the Rockton Room of the Ipswich City Council’s Administration Building. The restoration of this table is dedicated to Councillor Roderick Harsant who served with the Normanby Shire Council from 1939 to 1949 and with Moreton Shire Council from 1949 to 1952 and again from 1958 to 1979